Dear Families and Friends of Fort Lee,
It is important to get excited about learning and reading at a young age. We believe that you share our enthusiasm when it comes to promoting the best education possible for all students of the Fort Lee Public Schools.
For those of you who were able to attend, we hope that the breakfast was delicious that Anna and Elsa brought smiles to your face. Enjoy your photos (there are a few more posted here below) and most importantly, dive into reading the books that you were able to take home with you!
Promoting fun while learning to read,
The Fort Lee Education Association
Some Reading Tips for Parents
- Read with your child each and every day!
- Reread your child’s favorite books again and again to gain reading speed and accuracy.
- Pause after a page or two and ask a question like “Why do you think…did that?” or “What do you think will happen next?”
- Talk a lot to your child and name everything you see.
- Pick books at the “just right” level. Ask your child’s teacher for suggestions.
- Don’t leave home without a book or two for car rides and waiting times at appointments.
- Play word games.
- For more tips go to: http://www.pbs.org/launchingreaders/parenttips.html